Rives Township Compacting/Recycling Center
Location: 10123 State Rd., Rives Junction, MI (near the 127/Berry Rd exit)
Hours: Saturdays 8 am – 1 pm
April 1 – October 30
Wednesday 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
$1.00 Surcharge for Tompkins Residents
ALL GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED!
- Recyclable materials must be in a clear bag.
- Paper, plastic, cans and glass can be kept together.
- Cardboard must be placed in a clear bag.
- Foam products are accepted in a separate container.
- Auto batteries, metal and large appliances accepted.
What CAN be put in the Compactor?
- Household garbage
- Futon covers/twin mattresses (preferably with springs removed)
- Flimsy wood doors
- Small pieces of drywall
- Small metal pieces/electronics.
What CAN’T be put in the Compactor?
- King, queen or double mattresses
- Long pieces of wood
- Metal screen doors
- Sofas, love seats and chairs
- Burning barrels
- Cement Blocks
- Animal Carcasses
Construction materials will not be accepted. No Environmentally hazardous materials can be accepted. No items will be accepted from a commercial enterprise – site is only for residential participants.
Price Menu: Click on the link for a printable copy.
A Collection Price Sheet